I probably have at least 5 other amazing Mac & Cheese recipes that are to die for. This one takes the bacon for me though. Not only is it amazingly good. it also does not require hours of labor standing over a stove.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fine diced onion
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup White cheese of your choice ( I would go for Fontina or Swiss)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Macaroni Pasta (Cook al dente according to package directions)
- Do not pour out pasta water
- In a large pot, melt butter on low heat.
- Add minced garlic and diced onion to butter and simmer on low heat.
- stirring your garlic, onions and butter, slowly add in your flour.
- let your flour mixture simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisking your flour mixture, pour in heavy cream and turn stove to medium low heat.
- Once your sauce begins to simmer add in each cheese one by one.
- Add in your seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer on low heat until cheese is fully melted
- Gradually add macoroni pasta one cup at a time. Add no more than a 1/4 cup of the pasta water to Macoroni and Cheese. This will help your cheese sauce stick to the pasta.
- Serve Macoroni and Cheese topped with White Shredded cheese and Parmesan.